Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Production Manager
to join our growing team. This position will report directly to the PCBA Director and will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring all daily work performed on the production floor. This includes scheduling jobs, maintaining technician certifications, working cross-functionally with the manufacturing engineering team to ensure all work is being performed to spec, and leading the 6S efforts.
This position is for the first shift: 6:00AM - 2:30PM.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Schedule daily work for technicians
- Maintain technician training log to ensure techs are properly certified for required work
- Lead the department’s 6S program
- Communicate effectively with both engineers and technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification And Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business management or 10 – 15 years of experience in managing in a manufacturing environment
- A working knowledge of PCBA assembly processes
- Experience with MES and ERP systems
- Able to manage 10 – 15 technicians
- Functional knowledge of IPC-A-610 Class 3, J-STD-001HS (Mil-Space Addendum), as well as NASA 87391
- Experience writing department procedures
- Energy and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo, and drive positive change
- Ability to prioritize problems and reschedule work based on projected downtimes due to equipment issues on technician shortages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond one’s comfort zone to meet expeditated timelines
- Working knowledge of Aegis
- Experience with deploying new MES Systems and training operators on its proper use
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].