Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager – Integrated Product Team Lead
to join our growing team. Reporting to the Vice President of RF Systems & Payloads the Sr. Manager – Integrated Product Team Lead will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and producing a portfolio of high-quality, high-reliability radio communication products to support internal and external customer needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Vice President of RF Systems & Payloads, sales & marketing, business development, finance & legal for both internal and external customers to develop and implement product strategies and technical roadmaps
- Responsible for market research for product requirements, features, pricing, and competitive analysis
- Responsible for product development, product production, and post-delivery support working with manufacturing, mission assurance, AI&T, and supplier management
- Has responsibility, authority, and accountability for the product cost, schedule, and technical scope, along with driving critical risk-based decisions throughout the program life cycle
- Responsible project management of new product development and introduction
- Responsible for implementing product development processes & planning
- Support resource and facility planning to ensure that each product group has the resources it needs (people, technology, equipment, infrastructure) to scale for growth
- Champion product improvements to achieve efficient high rate-production
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or management; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience with product development, production, or management with a demonstrated reputation for driving business goals and objectives to completion
- Experience in development, qualification, and acceptance testing with Failure investigation and root cause analysis skills
- Experience in the development of high-rate production products
- Experience in Program/Project management of new product development
- Strong leadership & team building skills, candidate must be able to lead and motivate cross-functional teams as well as have proven experience in a team environment and interfacing successfully across organizational boundaries
- Exhibited capability to foster an environment that enables the application of continuous improvement, novel thinking, and fresh ideas to business challenges resulting in creative and competitive solutions.
- Ability to define and utilize metrics, manage external suppliers, and manufacturing
- Per the requirement of certain Terran Orbital facilities, the applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].