Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.Job Description
- Engineer cabling and harnessing solutions for spaceflight hardware, including power, low and high-speed digital, RF (cable and semi-rigid), and optical cables and harnesses. Coordinate with appropriate engineering disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Power and Signal Integrity, Manufacturing, and Quality to design development and flight products and release drawings.
- Determine appropriate wire, connectors, backshells, overbraid, and other necessary components of development and flight assemblies to ensure the necessary reliability for spaceflight hardware. Develop physical routing of possibly complex harnesses to integrate into payload assemblies.
- Assist in derating analysis for variables such as power and temperature of the assemblies, as well as support other parameter studies such as grounding schemes and mass budgeting in vehicle level packaging efforts.
- May be called upon to design complete cable and test configurations for environmental tests, including Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing to MIL-STD-461, Thermal Vacuum (TVAC) testing, and other test equipment cabling as programs require.
- Maintain scheduling and bill of materials for cable assemblies.
- Coordinate with fabrication houses on harness production and validation, participating in Material Review Boards if issues arise.
- Help define best practices and standards for development and flight cables at SEAKR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace harness design
- Familiar with Solidworks Electrical Schematic and 3D, or similar CAD software, for cable schematics and design
- Familiar with requirements and quality standards of NASA-STD-8739.4 and IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Knowledge of various signal and communication standards, such as RS-232, RS-422, Serial Rapid I/O (SRIO), XAUI, Ethernet, SpaceWire (ECSS-E-ST-50-12), telemetry, MIL-STD-1553, Low Voltage Digital Signaling (LVDS), and SGMII.
- Familiar with fiber optic cabling, including wire types, contacts, and connectors for space flight.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
Compensation and Further Details
Compensation: Base pay range is $75,000-100,000 depending on qualifications. SEAKR has very rich medical, dental and vision insurance plans, along with a generous 401(k) retirement plan. In addition to base salary, employees are eligible for a year-end bonus. SEAKR offers a variety of paid leave, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and FMLA.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required