Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Redwire (via our subsidiary Deployable Space Systems, Inc.), is accelerating humanity's expansion into space as the leading developer and provider of satellite mechanisms, deployable structures and booms and deployable solar array systems to the global space market. The company's key products include deployable solar array systems, deployable structural and mechanical systems and supporting subsystems. This includes the award-winning and patented Roll-Out Solar Array, which NASA will use to upgrade the International Space Station's solar arrays later this year.
We have a current opportunity for a Quality Engineer located at our facility in Goleta, CA. In this role you will be supporting a significant range of Quality activities, including coordination with customers and suppliers, supporting aerospace manufacturing activities in concurrence with AS9100 requirements, performing audits, reviewing customer requirements from project conception through project closure, and generating EIDP packages. This highly visible role is an excellent opportunity for an exceptional individual to become integral to the team.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineering on the planning, execution, and performance of project milestones
- Responsible for reviewing customer contractual documentation for Mission Assurance requirements, i.e., Statement of Work, Quality Requirements, Flow-down requirements to suppliers, and End Item Data Pack
- Responsible for supporting Quality activities and presentations in project milestones, i.e., Kickoff meeting, Critical Design, Manufacturing Design, Test Readiness, and Pre-ship reviews
- Collaborates with engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing to ensure quality standards and project requirements are in place
- Highly involved in the approval process of engineering drawings, procedures, instructions, and ECOs
- Responsible for coordinating the disposition of and investigation into cause of nonconforming product
- Collaborates with engineering to devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting products and production equipment
- Supports assessments and audits of internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance to specifications, engineering drawings, procedures, and ISO-9001/AS9100 standards
- Ensures that corrective actions meet acceptable standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
- Initiates and supports continuous improvement activities for Quality Processes
- Documents, improves, and trains others on Quality Processes
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, and program personnel on all Quality related issues
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from a STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
- Minimum of 2 years of quality experience in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with chairing Material Review Board (MRB) and NCM activities
- Working knowledge of root cause analysis tools (RCCA, PDCA)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Excel and SharePoint is highly desired
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience in Aerospace or Space Flight environments strongly preferred
- Experience with AS9100, ISO 9001 highly desired
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, GD&T knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of common inspection tools and how to use them:
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma. Certification in lean six-sigma quality engineering methodologies is highly desired
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (verbal and written)
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
How We Determine What We Pay (Compensation Philosophy)
determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for our locations throughout the US. We will evaluate external equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index, in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and internal equity within the company for the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Redwire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR Click Here