Mynaric produces optical fiber for the skies and, as a pioneer in laser communications, enables extremely fast and secure wireless data transmission between satellites, aircraft, drones and the ground. The products are used by well-known international technology companies to build global communication networks. The emerging Internet over the clouds will connect the previously disconnected 3 billion people, bring the Internet of Things to the remotest corners of the earth and make international communication more secure than ever.
Your way into the future
Join us as Diamond Turning Technician (m/w/x)
and work with us on changing the future!
What awaits you at Mynaric
What you bring with you
- Ability to safely operate single point diamond turning CNC machines
- Ability to read technical drawings and basic exposure to Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Clean and visually inspect diamond-turned components // Preliminary inspection using metrology equipment (e.g., CMM, interferometers)
- Ability to record inspection data, labor hours and job information as required in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain a clean an orderly work environment by following cleaning schedules and inventory control
- Maintain and assemble diamond tools in tool holders and positioning of tools in machine, Define and procure process tooling as required
- Ability to create, load, edit and store diamond turning programs using CAM software.
- Perform difficult and complex set-ups and operate machine on assignments, under minimal supervision with direction from engineering or area supervisor
What we offer you
- 3+ years of related industry experience with a degree in a technical discipline or apprenticeship
- Experience with spherical optics, aspheres and optical testing
- Experience in SPDT manufacturing equipment such as Moore Nanotech, Precitech, etc. would be an added advantage.
- Experience in optics manufacturing environment and troubleshooting of complex processes
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, careful, well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation, CAD/CAM knowledge is an advantage
- Strong computer skills including MS Work and Excel, and have excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English. German language knowledge is a plus.
Have you always wanted to wear your favorite space outfit to work? Then you are exactly the right fit for us! Forget the office politics and come and work with inspiring colleagues from all over the world as you embark on an incredible journey with Mynaric to work on unique and challenging projects and make a real contribution to the future of connectivity.
We offer you permanent employment, varied areas of responsibility, and attractive employee benefits. Mynaric is absolutely committed to being an equal opportunity employer so we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
So if this sounds like the kind of place where you would like to work then apply today and be part of the company that is changing the world!