Implements Systems Engineering processes to support an integrated multidisciplinary team through a project’s lifecycle, which includes concept development and selection, requirements definition, system architecture definition, analysis, integration, verification, and validation leading to mission operations and system disposal. Supports development and continual refinement of organization systems engineering processes. Supporting milestone reviews and presenting technical information to internal and external stakeholders is expected.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Define stakeholder needs and transform the integrated set of needs to design input requirements as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Identify interface requirements and control of interactions across system and subsystem boundaries.
- Ability to work with a technical team in the development of verification and validation plans and test execution.
- Awareness of the systems engineering processes to transition the system and operate the system in the operational and support environment.
- Ability to understand external and internal systems as it relates to the project.
- Ability to support coordination of design changes and associated impacts across subsystems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team while supporting communication the project leadership of project status.
- Knowledge of risk/opportunity processes and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other relevant fields.
- 2+ years Systems Engineering experience or equivalent advanced degree.
- Must communicate well and work with the various teams internally and externally.
- Ability to prepare written technical documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Experience with Jama Connect or similar digital requirements management tools.
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering methods and experience system modeling and simulation using Cameo/MagicDraw/Catia Magic or other SysML tools.
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.