To apply, visit: Business Development Account Manager – Space Industry @ KSAT, INC. (gnahiring.com)
With headquarters in Tromsø, Norway, Kongsberg Satellite Services AS (KSAT) supplies ground station services for satellite space-to-ground communications. KSAT is the world’s largest supplier of telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) and data acquisition services for non-geostationary satellites.
Founded in 1968, KSAT has grown to over 300 employees with an annual revenue of approximately $120M. About 50% of KSAT’s annual revenue comes from the US. The wholly owned subsidiary KSAT Inc. (aka. KSAT USA) office is located in the Denver, Colorado area and is rapidly growing in response to strong US Government and industry demand for commercial ground segment services.
Summary of Position
KSAT USA is focused on building and maintaining long-term customer relationships. The Account Manager will be a direct report to the Head of Business Development. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing various sales cases and strategic shaping efforts, including key customers accounts in the USA.
The Account Manager will be local to the Greater Denver region and will work out of the Denver, Colorado Office. Relocation assistance to the Greater Denver region is available for the right candidate. The Account Manager will actively seek out and build relationships with program teams operating space missions. The Account Manager will become a trusted advisor on ground communications solutions and work jointly with customers to close contracts for ground communications support for current missions, and set the stage to support future missions, as well. The Account Manager will represent KSAT USA as a best-in-class organization and generate revenue for the company.
Joining the KSAT Team means:
- Opportunity to work across the industry with many different players in industry and government; (big market share in non-geostationary space means KSAT knows most of the industry)
- Opportunity to actively grow and directly contribute to the success of the space industry
- Flexible work environment
- Experience in an international company with a global footprint and opportunities to work across cultures
- Engaging teammates: small team of dedicated, “A-class” teammates. Being part of a nimble and passionate team (like a start-up), with the financial security and product technology readiness level of an established company – the best of both worlds
- Identify new leads and build brand awareness within US end customer market segment, focusing on LEO constellation opportunities.
- Further develop business relations with existing customers, raising general awareness levels of KSAT capabilities and services.
- Collaborate with the sales and technical team to reinforce current customer positions and develop potential opportunities.
The target compensation is a combination of a base salary plus a discretionary bonus with
total on-target earnings range of $75K -$100K.
Breakdown of Compensation:
The On-Target base salary range is between $75K - $100K.
The On-Target bonus is between $12K-$15K.
Benefits Package Highlights:
· Four weeks of PTO annually
· $0 individual medical insurance with generous coverages
· Flexible working environment
· Fitness expense reimbursement program
· Tuition reimbursement program
· International travel opportunities
Details of the Role
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service US customers and coordinate problem solving.
- Develop relationships with customers and provide feedback on opportunities to grow KSAT ground station business in the US.
- Keep database of customers and contracts for KSAT AS ground station services in the U.S. market.
- Assist the KSAT AS sales team with proposal preparation for the U.S. market.
- Manage relationships with U.S. team members and prime partners as directed.
- Collaborate closely with the technical team – including asking questions to fully understand core implementation concepts and being able to explain technical concepts to customers
- Function seamlessly in a matrixed organization including working across various time zones (i.e. both CONUS and International) with various cultures, frequent video telecons (VTCs), occasional telecommuting and daily cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrate sound business acumen and a high-level of professionalism, this is a customer-facing role, representing KSAT to key accounts. Providing responsiveness to both customers and the KSAT team is essential.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.) and other Professional collaboration tools
Required: Current US Citizenship
Preferred: Eligible to maintain a US DoD SECRET Clearance
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated technical sales, Business Development, capture management or proposal management experience within an aerospace/defense company.
- Familiarity of ground communications subsystems (Basic high-level technical competency for how ground communications are set up and sold)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- 2 - 5 years space industry experience
- Travel is estimated at 25%
- Travel to customer sites as necessary, majority within the USA
- International Travel will be necessary. Position requires travel to Tromsø, Norway several times per year