Primary role purpose
The System Expert carries out all activities that arise in the field of managing the local SAS site and global network services; covering all aspects of operations, maintenance and project management.
Take responsibility for availability of the platforms and networks managed locally by the SAS and the availability of the platforms and networks in the assigned Global Operations Team.
Knowledge and development
- Maintain detailed knowledge of systems under responsibility;
- Provide support and cascade information and knowledge to global colleagues.
- Participate in project tasks and delivery.
- Participate in site acceptance, integration, testing, evaluation and commissioning of new systems at the SAS site.
- Provide input for operational requirements.
- Implement Changes into the operational environment;
- Draft and/or update testing and acceptance procedures and apply when required;
- Assist in defining roll-back plans and apply those as and when required.
- Manage the network and services by monitoring the functioning of the operational network in accordance with agreed specifications and standards;
- Provide support for operation and maintenance of the SAS site facilities and services.
- Maintain ITIL standard for Change, Incident and Problem Management.
- Coordination & resolution of network problems and traffic restoration.
- Achieve high service availability and quality of service requirements to ensure customer excellence.
- Oversee equipment suppliers and site contractor work.
- Provide on call support for all systems and networks at the SAS.
- Perform the processes of network monitoring, provisioning and maintenance;
- Manage corrective actions at a network and element management level during complex incidents and structural problems;
- Execute preventive maintenance to minimize system outages.
- Ensure efficient utilisation of network capacity and maximum network performance.
- Configure new network elements and systems;
- Prepare and execute configuration changes;
- Create and maintain platform & network documentation.
- Report on network performance;
- Report on System performance and availability.
- Evaluate impact of configurations changes on operational requirements participating to the technical bridges (RDT, NDT and MRB).
Special Labour conditions:
- This position may require working within a Global Team with Line Management and colleagues at other SAS sites.
- The position holder will be required to be on-call on a regular basis.
- The employee shall be able to report to the site within 30 minutes when on call-out duty;
- The employee may be required to work on a 24 hour shift roster.
- Flexibility to work out of working hours to support special activities and/or critical operational activities.
- The employee shall be available to travel to remote sites within Australia and overseas that may require several weeks away from home.
- Diploma of Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent level based upon experience;
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of (satellite) Telecommunication technology;
- Knowledge of Area, Platform or Network, in specified Job role;
- Knowledge of and skills in the use of standardised testing and development methods and techniques;
- Experience with working in an international telecommunications network environment, including using commonly used processes and procedures;
- Experience in managing activities as part of complex implementation projects;
- Considerable experience in working with network operations procedures;
- Experience in IP/Networking skillset;
- Knowledge of IP protocols and networking.
- Knowledge of RF measurements techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and in demanding situations.
- Strong analytical skill necessary for quick troubleshooting and system restoration during emergency.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to share knowledge and training of team members to elevate efficiency.
- Fitness to climb and work at heights above 10 metres.
- Adhere to OSH and EEO legislation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Certified Cisco CCNA;
- Experience with ServiceNow;
- Past experience in working with StableNet;
- Experience with a database application;
- Basic skills with scripting languages.
- Experience in UNIX and/or Linux OS.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer Focus – must ensure customer satisfaction
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do