HawkEye 360 is currently seeking a Performance and Quality Manager to join the System Operations team, which consists of satellite operations, collection and capacity management, and system performance and quality. The System Performance and Quality team dives deep into the inner workings of our system from discovering anomalous behavior on our satellites and payloads to making key determinations on whether new geolocation algorithms meet stability and quality thresholds necessary for production. The team is looking to add someone who can both contribute technically to a high performing team and help the team manage many competing priorities.
As the Performance and Quality Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
Your skills and qualifications:
- Investigate customer reported issues with collection and/or data product quality.
- Organize a rotating daily schedule of personnel to conduct a quality control check on the data sent to customers.
- Contribute towards the tracking and prioritization of all outstanding issues/bugs within the production collection system.
- Identify areas that would benefit from automation. Create and execute a plan to accomplish the automation goals.
- Work closely with engineering teams to perform root cause analysis, fix, test, and quantify the impact of the solution to issues/bugs.
- Organize and manage simultaneous testing efforts on-orbit to ensure exceptional data quality and reliability for our customers as we bring new capabilities and clusters online.
- Manage QA efforts focused on payload and ground processing changes/updates to evaluate data quality and stability before releasing to production.
Essential Education And Experience
A passion for the geospatial data industryFamiliarity with satellite operations and/or RF geolocationHands-on experience with navigating and querying PostgresSQL or similar databasesExperience using Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Airflow Salary Range: $125,000 - $175,000 annually
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.