Iridium is an award-winning and innovative satellite communications company with bragging rights to the only network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world. For over 20 years, Iridium’s unique network and services have supported critical communications needs for individuals, businesses, and the evolving Internet of Things.
At Iridium, we understand the importance of staying connected and the limitations of traditional communications networks. People across the globe, including first responders, humanitarians, global militaries, scientific researchers, and lone workers, as well as ships, aircraft and remote operations all rely on Iridium to stay connected. We take our responsibility for providing these essential communications very seriously and pride ourselves on offering a reliable lifeline when needed. Likewise, Iridium is committed to providing an exciting and innovative workplace, where employees are challenged to think outside the box and collaborate on new, bold ideas and solutions. Our talented teams are passionate about their work and the impact our company makes around the world. Iridium fosters an empowering and inclusive culture that allows employees to genuinely be their best selves. We are looking for others who want to join this truly unique company that celebrates our employees and provides the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world.
What We’re Looking For
Iridium is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join our Product Management Team. As a Senior Business Development Manager at Iridium, you will play a pivotal role in expanding our market reach and customer base. With your strong interpersonal and project management skills, you will engage with potential customers, distributors, and various stakeholders to drive new opportunities and demand for Iridium. Your expertise in market research and technical understanding of IT/communication networks will be instrumental in identifying new market opportunities and use cases for our terrestrial products and services. At Iridium, we foster a collaborative and innovative environment where your ideas and contributions matter. Join our team and be part of shaping the future of our company.
Top of Form
What You’ll Do
- Assist with setting the strategy for increasing Iridium’s Land Broadband sales including market research, customer segmentation, needs assessment, solution design, and technical whitepaper and sales/marketing support plan to capture opportunities
- Responsible for market demand generation through design and development market campaigns including customer webinars, partner trainings, tradeshow exhibition, and marketing direction on messaging and social media placement.
- Responsible for technical solution design including discussion with service partners and customer IT points of contacts to assess networking requirements and successful integration of Iridium including positioning of Iridium advantages, demonstration, testing support, proof of concept, and support to close large project-based opportunities in support of Iridium’s partners
- Be responsible for improving profitability and customer satisfaction on new and recurring sales by creating alignment of sales, objectives, and operations’ capability
- Drive ongoing revenue of Terrestrial Business Unit equipment sales including contracts, deal management/approval, partner forecasts, internal demand planning/production guidance, and quarterly sales management to achieve budgeted sales
- Identify and deliver marketing analysis to help guide continued refinement of strategy, product, and technology roadmaps
- Handle measure activities and revenue impact through pipeline management and reporting to business unit for coordination and awareness within internal teams
- Communicate to the business unit on pursuits, including performing accurate sales forecast rollups
- Externally promote a targeted understanding of Iridium capabilities throughout various markets
- Participate in strategic planning efforts for new product, pricing, promotion, and marketing-related programs for the business unit as needed
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management/Product Marketing at a telecommunications product and service-oriented company
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional organization
- Understanding of customer segmentation concepts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey products, deliverables, analyses, and/or issues clearly and confidently, and recognize and adapt to different communication techniques
- Can easily build meaningful relationships with others, including senior leadership outside of your own department, and is comfortable providing constructive feedback to your team members and management
- Be able to analyze a situation or problem, generate effective solutions, and see those solutions through to completion
- Must possess the creativity and resourcefulness needed to make reliable decisions and determine methods on new assignments
- Can thrive in a dynamic environment by handling multiple tasks and managing shifting priorities
- Be proactive in sharing knowledge you’ve learned with others
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table
- Experience in the Satellite Communications industry
We’ll also need you to
- Be on call
- Be able to travel up to 25%
This position primarily works in the company office or in a home office. The position is largely sedentary with the majority of the position sitting in a chair and working with a computer. The role uses basic office equipment including a phone, video, computer, keyboard, mouse and printer. For meetings in-person, this position will need to be able stand, walk within the office and climb stairs on occasion.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.