Intuitive Machines provides lunar surface access, lunar orbit delivery, and communications equipment at lunar distances, founded in 2013, Houston 77059,
we are a leading space exploration, infrastructure, and services company that designs, manufactures, assembles & tests various operating devices for Nasa, Artemis, Axiom and with Jacobs Engineering.
We have a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Government Accounting Manager.
Excellent benefits. Come join our team to become part of the outstanding space orbital accomplishments of Intuitive Machines.
: Government Accounting Manager
As Government Accounting Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the accurate and efficient management of joint venture and project financial operations within the government business
You will be responsible for overseeing financial transactions, budgeting, financial reporting, compliance, internal controls, closing the books, and the annual incurred cost submission.
Your expertise will contribute to maintaining the fiscal integrity and transparency of the organization's financial activities while adhering to FAR, DFAR, and CAS compliance requirements as well as GAAP.Key Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, and organizational policies, including FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation), DFAR (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), and CAS (Cost Accounting Standards).
- Budget Planning and Monitoring: Collaborate with program management and corporate stakeholders to develop annual budgets and forecasts, analyze financial data, and monitor budget performance. Provide guidance on resource allocation, identify areas of improvement, and implement necessary measures to achieve budgetary goals.
- Financial Close, Reporting and Analysis: Strict adherence to monthly/quarterly/annaul accounting close requirements in preparation of accurate and timely financial records, reports, statements, and other information for internal and external stakeholders. Conduct comprehensive financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities. Present findings and recommendations to program management to support strategic decision-making.
- Account Reconciliations: Coordinate with the accounting team to reconcile accounts, analyze variances, and finalize financial statements according to established policies. Ensure adequate documentation is maintained for all accounting transactions.
- Indirect Rate Monitoring and Development: Develop, monitor and analyze indirect rates, including overhead, fringe, and general and administrative rates. Identify areas for improvement and efficiency in indirect rate structures. Collaborate with stakeholders to develop strategies for optimizing indirect rates used in bids and proposals. while maintaining compliance with FAR, DFAR, and CAS.
- Internal Controls and Compliance: Develop and maintain robust internal control systems to safeguard assets, mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with government regulations and accounting standards. Perform periodic audits and reviews to assess adherence to policies and procedures.
- Audit Coordination: Liaise with external auditors including DCAA. Provide necessary documentation, explanations, and support to facilitate the audit. Implement recommendations to address audit findings and to ensure remediation of identified deficiencies.
- Annual Incurred Cost Submission: Lead the preparation and submission of the annual incurred cost submission to the government. Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with all relevant regulations. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather required data, perform cost analyses, and compile necessary documentation.
- System Enhancements: Collaborate with IT teams to optimize financial systems, software, and processes. Identify opportunities for automation, implement improvements, and stay updated with emerging technologies and industry best practices to support FAR, DFAR, CAS compliance, and streamline the incurred cost submission process.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Foster positive relationships with internal functions, government agencies, and external stakeholders. Respond to inquiries, provide financial information, and support cross-functional initiatives. Represent the organization in financial matters as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A master's degree or relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CMA) are preferred.
- Proven experience (8+ years) preferably in accounting and financial management role involving federal government contracts with DCAA audit requirements
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint ERP Software is required.
- Proficiency with job cost or project-based accounting and GAAP compliance
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to operate with a high-level of discretion
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis
- Action-oriented thought leader that can build a consensus and shared perspective across the organization
- Solution-focused, problem solver with ability to prioritize based on shifting business needs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the organizations
Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, due to restrictions imposed through contracts supporting the U.S. Government, some positions require U.S. citizenship. Candidates for certain positions may be required to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.