Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Project Engineer II
to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge communications satellites, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for project engineering through all phases of the development process for both external customers and internally driven projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, quality assurance, manufacturing of electronic and mechanical assemblies, supply chain, and organization across engineering functions. Experience on aerospace systems development is required, with space flight development preferred. You will utilize your practical engineering expertise to estimate and manage project budgets and timelines for highly technical projects.
Specific job functions will include developing project schedules, budgets, and risks and reporting to program and company leadership on a regular basis. You will coordinate activities across teams and raise issues at the program level to ensure proper resourcing. You will help to drive complex programs to success!
The successful candidate will present engineering design review materials and status reports to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful Candidates Will Require, As a Minimum
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in a relevant engineering field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering) from an accredited university or institution.
- 2 years of industry experience in a relevant engineering or project position.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project and Jira.
- Technical familiarity with electrical, mechanical, and software systems as well as systems of systems.
- Thorough understanding of aerospace systems engineering processes from concept to production. Specifically, understanding of the space system life cycle.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and a “get it done” attitude.
- Experience in satellite and subsystem development.
- Familiarity with communications systems and RF system engineering.
- Experience at a startup company with limited resources and staff.
- Experience with project management at an established company.
- Familiarity with both Research & Development and New Product Development projects.
- Experience managing projects for government and commercial customers.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.