ABL's Components team is responsible for all valves, mechanisms, and actuators on the vehicle, i.e. everything from engine throttle valves to fairing separation pushers. Unlike many of our peers in the launch business, most of ABL's components are designed and developed in-house. Competitive applicants will have a strong hardware engineering background and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion.
- Valve & mechanism design
- Development & qualification testing
- Test tooling & build tooling design
- Forecast part demand and manage schedules
- Work with internal teams to develop design requirements
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Experience designing in CAD
- Hardware design, build, and test experience
- Familiarity with CNC machining processes
- Experience with fluid mechanics
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field.
- 5+ years professional experience in a design or test role.
- Experience designing in NX or Catia
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, motorized, and/or cryogenic systems.
- Get-it-done attitude
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
$145,000 - $210,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $145,000-$210,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.