We are looking for an ESTEC Outreach - Corporate Events Organization Support on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join the Outreach Service. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism.Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries). Furthermore, upon selection, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider (further information will be provided at the interview stage).
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
- Ensure outreach activities in ESA Member States: The Netherlands, Belgium, Estonia, and the Nordic Countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland) by:
- Ensuring operational liaison with national space agencies (NSO in particular) for coordination of common outreach initiatives;
- Supporting events organisation (national events and - upon request of the Exhibitions Coordination Officer - international ones) in line with identified priorities and support or carry out the identified communication events, as well as public outreach activities and exhibitions at local national level;
- Defining, on an annual basis, a calendar of preferred national events, festivals, and exhibitions where ESA could be present and coordinating in collaboration with the Production and Management Support Division Communication Assistant the potential participation of external communicators network to these events;
- Liaising with the Digital Outreach service to promote outreach events on the ESA Portal national web pages and to support related social media campaigns;
- Supporting outreach activities of the ESA astronauts of relevant nationalities in close collaboration with EAC;
- Liaising with the Branding and Partnerships Office to facilitate potential expansion of Partnerships within these Member States.
- Support ESTEC outreach activities by:
- Organizing and implementing in liaison with the ESTEC Coordination Officer potential outreach events at establishment level (such as ESA-ESTEC Open days, public and schools’ visits, ESA virtual tour, etc…) and coordinating all related logistic support and activities needed, as well as event programs, internal and external promotion, documentation management, periodical update and distribution of the ESTEC news on the existing display systems;
- Liaising with the Print and Merchandising Office to ensure promotional/merchandising material availability for ESTEC outreach events and visits and liaising adequately with the ESTEC ESA Space Shop when needed;
- Producing visit statistics including collection of visitors’ feedback analyses and reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- High proficiency with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing;
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project-specific tasks;
- Familiarity with the Dutch communications sphere;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workloads;
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks;
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit;
- Rigor, commitment, and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Fluency in Dutch, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.