Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Senior Spacecraft Rendezvous & Proximity Operations GN&C Simulation Engineer on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Senior Spacecraft Rendezvous & Proximity Operations GN&C Simulation Engineer will:
- Provide math modeling and simulation development, integration and testing of commercial visiting vehicle Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) systems.
- Develop formal math model and simulation documentation.
- Identify team simulation tasks, resolve simulation related issues and assist team members.
- Directly interact with the NASA customers, along with various NASA support contractors, during technical meetings and working groups.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school, plus two (2) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, may be expected to have a related Master's Degree, plus ten (10) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, may be expected to have a related Master's or higher degree, plus fifteen (15) years of related experience.
- Experience with Linux, C/C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with GN&C principles.
- Experience developing, verifying, and validating math models and simulations.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience towards timely completion of technical products and services.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with spacecraft rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking.
- Experience with orbital mechanics.
- Experience with Git/GitLab.
- Experience with dynamic simulator development for building flight simulators (e.g. Unreal game engine or similar resources).
- Previous experience with simulation visualization and graphics packages, particulaJSC JSC EDGE or DOUG.
- Experience with JSC TRICK Simulation Environment.
- JEOD (JSC Engineering Orbital Dynamics) modeling package.
- Experience in product delivery and management utilizing source code management tools.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience with NASA flight operations and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2313
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/