Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Joint Station LAN Lab Test Engineer on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS-SWS) contract located in Houston, TX.
As a Joint Station LAN Lab Test Engineer, you will develop, plan, and execute the testing of core system and user devices that operate on the International Space Station Joint Station LAN (JSL). This activity takes place within the JSL Laboratory inside the NASA Sonny Carter Training Facility in Houston. The Joint Station LAN Lab Test Engineer is a key figure in ensuring that core network devices and user payloads will operate as expected when connected to the network onboard the International Space Station.
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Joint Station LAN Lab Test Engineer Will
- Assess testing requirements for new and updated network components and user devices.
- Assist network users in understanding the architecture, requirements, and processes used within the Joint Station LAN (JSL) test environment.
- Develop and verify testing procedures.
- Configure JSL laboratory hardware and software as needed to support network test objectives.
- Perform network tests and document results.
- Investigate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Represent the JSL team in technical meetings with other engineering teams and customers.
- Assess existing test processes for opportunities gain efficiency and enhance quality of testing results.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth understanding of Ethernet network topology, components, and protocols.
- Knowledge of network testing methods and equipment.
- Ability to assess testing requirements and synthesize related test procedures.
- Ability to operate within a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Experience in using Wire Shark or similar network monitoring tools.
- Experience editing configuration files for network routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Familiarity with International Space Station program and its data architecture.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2337
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/