Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Cost Estimator/Assessor on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Cost Estimator/Assessor Will
- Quickly become familiar with the business structure, organizational relationships, program requirements, and processes.
- Develop cost estimates, proposal evaluations, analysis of alternatives, and employ various forecasting techniques to evaluate contract and program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
- Develop analytical models that allow for the evaluation of performance from a project control perspective. Assist in providing a full range of business modeling techniques to collect data, analyze, and report results.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite and other software as appropriate to perform complex business analytics on cost execution, productivity, performance, production, and evaluate results in comparison to the client's tactical and strategic plan.
- Analyze performance to schedule; analysis schedule variances; development and reporting of schedule metrics; incorporation of schedule risks and development of mitigation plans; perform what-if analysis and preparation of health status reports.
- Have knowledge of program life cycles and understand the interrelationships between cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Support the Integration and implementation of an Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Will conduct analysis that must be consistent with industry best practices and government policies to ensure quality, accountability, audit ability and that all regulations are met for the program.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Systems Engineering or related from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of experience.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Systems Engineering or related from an accredited college or university, plus fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Experience with multiple software applications such as MS Project, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform various types of statistical or financial analyses.
- Familiarity with budgeting, financial and project control.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience presenting to high level management.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with various scheduling tools such as Primavera, Milestones Professional, SRA tools are a plus.
- Experience with using parametric cost models such as SEER and PRICE are a plus.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) cost and risk analysis and critical path schedule analysis.
- Ability to create and analyze integrated master schedules (IMS) a plus.
- Prior work on human space programs or Government is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2270
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/