Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Increment Research Lead on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Increment Research Lead Will
- Support HSFTIC and the NASA Increment Management Team as an research integration lead in the coordination and prioritization of International Space Station (ISS) mission system and payload requirements submitted by various International Space Station Program (ISSP) participants in support of increment operations.
- Develop, prioritize, and coordinate International Space Station Program (ISSP) documentation to drive tasks to meet ISS program milestones.
- Provide high level strategic and detailed tactical assessments based on the latest flight plan and requirements for a given increment pair.
- Represent the Increment Management Team (IMT) at ISS Boards and Technical Reviews as required.
- Travel is required on a periodic basis to support program reviews and technical interchange meetings (TIMs). Periodic overtime and shiftwork is required.
- Support HSFTIC Mission Analysis and Integration teams and the NASA Increment Management Team (IMT) as an Increment Research Lead (IRL)
- Provide research integration leadership during real-time operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math from an accredited Engineering school, college or university.
- OR -
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math from an accredited Engineering school, college or university, plus five (5) years of appropriate work experience.
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work to meet critical schedule requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and take initiative in completing tasks with minimal management direction.
- Requires the use and understanding of basic engineering mathematics and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Advanced degree with previous manned spaceflight research experience.
- Three (3) years of relevant aerospace or research experience.
- ISS related experience within the last year along with knowledge of International Space Station (ISS) interdependencies, systems, visiting vehicles, and/or ISS payload processes.
- Prior Integration and/or Spaceflight Operations Experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2248
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/