Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Lead
) on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Lead
- Be a leader in defining NASA's integrated digital engineering transformation effort at Johnson Space Center (JSC) and the Agency from the standpoint of utilizing MBSE and the appropriate modeling language.
- Lead and develop the scope of what the digital transformation environment looks like for digital engineering at NASA.
- Work with a variety of NASA leadership teams including JSC engineering and other NASA centers to develop the needs of the NASA integrated digital engineering environment.
- Monitor system integration and interface management and coordination.
- Work with NASA to identify risks, develop risk statements, and help them plan risk mitigation responses.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration, and coordination skills.
- Work in a team environment and provide status on progress and issues reports to the team lead and NASA customer.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school, plus two (2) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school, may be expected to have a related Master's Degree, plus ten (10) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation.
- Unified Architecture Framework UAF or DOD Architecture Framework (DODAF) experience.
- Hands on experience using MBSE tools such as MagicDraw and Jama.
- System level development experience.
- Employ System Engineering techniques of developing Use Cases and working with NASA engineers to develop CONOPS for the NASA Digital Engineering transformation effort.
- Employ System Engineering techniques of developing functional architecture and requirement decomposition for NASA Digital Engineering transformation effort.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop working groups and defend System Engineering and Model Based work products.
- Ability to prepare the appropriate presentation material and to verbally present at various meetings preferably in the model.
- Ability to demonstrate models to leadership and garner stakeholder advocacy.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Fostering and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency with team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx, SharePoint.
- Ability to be a self-motivator and self-driver.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering, including experience with multiple MBSE environments.
- Familiarity with SysML.
- Familiar with transferring of traditional engineering information (schematics, specifications, requirement documentation, integration documentations, etc.) into digital representations (e.g., MBSE SySML).
- MBSE Simulation
- Familiarity with
- Standard systems engineering processes databases as well as typical systems engineering products.
- NPR 7123.1C NASA Systems.
- Handbook 1009 NASA System Engineering Handbook.
- SP-6105 NASA System Engineering Handbook.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.