Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Mission Requirements Integrator (Remote Eligible) on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Mission Requirements Integrator Will
- Perform integration of requirements for mission data sets such as Flight planning, Mission activities list, crew time and Ground rules.
- Gather, understand and evaluate requirements and associated data for Gateway missions.
- Control configuration management of mission integration documents.
- Coordinate integrated mission requirements between Gateway and other Artemis programs.
- Perform feasibility assessments of integrated requirements based on provided resources and constraints.
- Identify risks and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Interpret customer feedback to adjust formatting and messaging to maximize understanding for a broad audience in standalone products.
- Integrate across multiple disciplines and programs to ensure all parties are coordinated and working to the same assumptions and expectations.
- Author technical and engineering memos and presentations as required.
- Be dedicated to innovative and critical thinking to develop and enhance processes for efficiency.
- Be dedicated to quality assurance and attention to detail.
- Travel is required on a periodic basis to support program reviews and technical interchange meetings (TIMs). Periodic overtime and shiftwork is required.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of related experience.
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated, and take initiative in completing tasks with minimal management direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to seek resources and clarification when tasks/direction is unclear or proving to take more time than expected.
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize work to meet critical schedule requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal form), integration, coordination, and presentation skills to balance completeness/correctness with conciseness.
- Effective soft-skills such as:
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Emotional intelligence and empathy skills
- Assertiveness and sensitivity skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Understanding of computer programming elements, principles, and techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Proven leadership in a team environment
- Organizational and time management experience including managing deliverables, establishing schedule, and updating various levels of management.
- Project management & leadership experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, OneNote, Teams and SharePoint.
- Curious and tenacious nature.
- Prior experience with NASA Human Spaceflight programs.
- Ability to lead and support projects from the early phases of capture through integration, test, and deployment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2245
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/