Our long-term client relationship with KBR has led to a need for a Robotics Analyst on the Integrated Mission Operations Contract II (IMOC II) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Robotics Analyst Will
- Support the Robotics Systems Group within the EVA, Robotics, and Crew Systems Division as an Analyst for the Manipulator Support System (MSS) including the Mobile Transporter (MT), Space Station Remote Manipulator System (SSRMS) [Canada Arm 2], and Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator (SPDM) [Dexter] within the NASA JSC Flight Operations Directorate (FOD).
- Train to model 3D CAD graphics and process the MSS reconfiguration files for the robotics simulator to support Real-time operations while pursuing an analyst certification.
- Interface with the NASA customer daily as well as many other engineering organizations and payload customers.
- Provide backroom flight controller support and is eligible for Tier 1 certification.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the operation and management of the MSS robotics system hardware and software.
- Support meetings and concisely report results to team-members and management, writing and documenting the analysis performed, developing training materials, scripts, testing robotics tools, and making oral presentations.
- Support an irregular schedule to support missions (analyst on-call) and occasional domestic and international travel is also required.
- Create, update, and validate 3D CAD models to support robotics operations.
- Process or create MSS recon files.
- Generate detailed analysis reports to document updates made to the robotics simulation tool.
- Deliver on time and error free analyst products.
- Mentor and train new team members and interns.
- Develop and maintain training documents.
- Update and maintain analysis request forms.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or Computer Science from an accredited engineering school, college or university.
- Currently enrolled in a BS degree program in Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science at an accredited engineering school, college or university with an anticipated graduation no later than June 2023.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply them to real-time operations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling and other 3D software.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and strict adherence to deadlines with the ability to successfully work/negotiate daily with multiple customers.
- Team-focused and able to adapt quickly to highly collaborative efforts across multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to successfully progress through analyst Knowledge Reviews (KRs) and certification or required dutes.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
- A self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively receive and give feedback while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be able to travel.
- Previous knowledge and experience working with 3D CAD models, documenting, and writing analysis reports is highly desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2320
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/