Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Meeting Support Specialist on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Meeting Support Specialist Will
- Support International Space Station (ISS) operations in multiple disciplines including, but not limited to, performing data management (electronic and in-room) to ensure the meetings restricted based on data-owner classification.
- Support Meeting Services by:
- Posting agendas and presentations.
- Providing Website and calendar support.
- Scheduling meeting room and equipment, in-meeting support, minute writing, and post-meeting support as required .
- Providing IT support in meetings for initial set-up and basic troubleshoot issues during meetings.
- Coordinating multiple meetings per week.
- Identifying process improvements with plans for implementation and execution.
- Provide early morning and after-hours meeting support as assigned.
- Commute and travel to other installations as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in a secretarial position or through specialized training.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook); PC Laptop computers.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing detailed minutes
- Experience in a customer focused role with demonstrated ability to articulate and patiently instruct others (peers, managers, teammates and customers) in detailed technical processes.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple tasks with tight deadlines while coordinating with an internal and external network of affiliated/impacted contractors and civil servants.
- Demonstrated ability to coherently compose and respond to email communication; creation and editing of instruction documents when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly resolve technical mishaps or unforeseen events in the meeting to minimize meeting down time and stress.
- Five (5) years NASA human spaceflight experience.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or Data management (proprietary, ITAR, etc.)
- Experience with leading a project or event, or experience with self-starting or self-leading (in professional career) is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2268
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/