Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Orion Manager on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Join the dynamic team at Barrios Technology as a Manager of our Orion Team. In this role, you will lead supervisors and their teams of employees who are working to take astronauts out of Earth orbit and to the Moon for the first time in more than 50 years.
As the Orion Manager, your primary role is to provide NASA with expertise in numerous areas in order to support continued development and operations of the Orion spacecraft, the first human rated beyond-earth-orbit (BEO) spacecraft since Apollo. Your teams will provide expertise in areas such as systems engineering and integration, cockpit displays, landing and recovery, flight readiness certification, test and verification, program planning and control, configuration management, risk management, IT and cybersecurity, and more.
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Orion Manager Will
- Establish open and collaborative working relationships with NASA control account managers and critical stakeholders to gain their advocacy in the execution of contractual deliverables and in the implementation of process improvements and innovative solutions that support the Orion mission.
- Manage supervisors and team members for successful execution and resolution of issues with technical, cost, schedule, programmatic, and operations implications.
- Develop a workforce able to proactively partner alongside their NASA counterparts to accomplish required tasking.
- Provide paths for career growth and mentorship for both supervisors and team members.
- Develop programs that will improve employee skillsets as well as growing tomorrow’s leaders.
- Perform mid-year employee evaluations and yearly performance appraisals to assesses employees’ execution of planned products and services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering, science, economics, business, or related field from an accredited engineering school, college or university, plus ten (10) years of applicable and progressive experience.
- Supervisory experience in program/project management or an equivalent function with direct reporting responsibilities for direct reports, their work, and budget.
- Strong working knowledge of processes associated with the definition, design, development, verification, implementation, testing, integration, and validation of complex systems.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and deployment requirements.
- Practical experience with innovation or process improvements projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and teams and to work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Experience with human rated spacecraft or systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2333
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/