Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Systems Engineer – Human Space Flight (SE&I) on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Systems Engineer – Human Space Flight (SE&I) Will
- Build an understanding of the product life cycle to perform concept trade studies, requirements management, test & verification, and modeling and analysis.
- Apply systems engineering principles and techniques to requirements validation, product development, product integration, requirements verification, system validation, and hardware/software product deployment.
- Investigate process improvement initiatives that promote the progression of SE&I expertise within a more digitized SE&I environment.
- Establish working relationships with customer counterparts, requirement owners, and commercial teammates’ key personnel to promote SE&I functions.
- Support SE&I activities such as requirements identification, verification and tracking, interface definition and Interface Control Document (ICD) development, working with design organizations and cross-functional teams, development, integration, certification, and verification testing.
- Provide technical systems knowledge during major project milestones and project reviews.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in a BS Degree in Engineering program from an accredited Engineering school with an anticipated graduation no later than May 2023.
- Introductory knowledge of product life cycle development, systems engineering & integration principles, and knowledge of associated engineering disciplines.
- Introductory knowledge of systems engineering practices associated with the definition, design, development, verification, implementation, testing, integration, and validation of complex systems.
- General knowledge of data digitization systems (DDS), tools, or initiatives that promote the digitization of the systems engineering & integration discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams).
- INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering (MSSE).
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) software: JIRA or other similar tools.
- Working experience of associated engineering disciplines that integrate to address complex engineering systems.
- Working experience with data digitization software (DDS) for systems engineering.
- Working experience with DOORS requirements management software or other requirements management software.
- Working experience with Rhapsody, MagicDraw, or other systems modeling software.
- Knowledge of Space Exploration programs, the International Space Station and its visiting vehicles.
- Working experience with Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD modeling suite.
- Working knowledge of Python and Visual Basic.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2322
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/