Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Project Engineer - Visiting Vehicle Logistics on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Project Engineer - Visiting Vehicle Logistics Will
- Provide support for a sub team assigned to specific cargo flights.
- Perform system engineering activities including, but not limited to requirements identification, verification and tracking, and working with cross-functional teams to ensure cargo delivery requirements to the ISS are met.
- Integrate across multiple disciplines and stakeholders to ensure all parties are coordinated and working to the same assumptions and expectations.
- Coordinate with technical teams to ensure requirements and schedules are met.
- Coordinate with International Partners to resolve cargo logistics related challenges.
- Develop and present integrated recommendations and priority trade results to HSFTIC management and NASA customer in one-on-one meetings and/or panels/boards.
- Complete what-if analyses and develop reporting capabilities.
- Provide thorough reviews of data for completeness and accuracy, resolve technical discrepancies.
- Coordinate and support real-time cargo processes during attached phase operations.
- Provide facilitation of team meetings.
- Be dedicated to innovative thinking to resolve complex process issues.
- Specific tasking may include, but are not limited to projects in the following areas:
- Data analysis on spacecraft systems and processes.
- Requirements development and management.
- Identifying risk, mitigations, and recommendations to meet integrated priorities.
- Developing/updating training materials for new/evolving areas.
- Support to senior management at NASA boards and panels.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Currently enrolled in a BS Degree program in Engineering at an accredited engineering school with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2023.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering principles.
- Two years of ISS or other space industry related experience (e.g. space craft integration).
- Project management or other leadership experience.
- Previous experience with innovation or process improvements.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2291
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/