SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.AVIONICS WIRE HARNESS TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
- Fabricate, assemble, and integrate high quality, high reliability wire harness and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as controlled documentation and processes:
- Cable harnesses including wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, and GD&T
- Assembly procedures and work instructions
- Schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical and precision calibrated tools
- Perform electrical checkouts using custom setups combined with off the shelf equipment/components
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document future processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronic hand tools
- Experience fabricating or inspecting wire harness and cable assemblies
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military, or other high-reliability operating environment
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Willing to travel; position is based in Brownsville, TX, however work at other SpaceX facilities for similar work may be required
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
Avionics Wire Harness Technician/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Avionics Wire Harness Technician/Level 2: $23.00/hour
Avionics Wire Harness Technician/Level 3: $28.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.