Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
SEAKR Engineering is seeking a hardware engineer with experience in Test Design and Implementation. The SEAKR Engineering test methodology follows the principle of "Test Like You Fly". As such, this Test System Design role is an exciting position requiring the engineer to develop complex hardware designs for the purpose of flight system interface validation and emulation of system operation and behavior.
The Test System Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Interpreting product specifications and developing test architectures to validate them
- Analyzing use case con-ops to refine test architectures
- Documenting concepts, methods, and systems of the test architecture
- Managing the procurement and build of test systems
- Review, simulate, and possibly contribute to FPGA development efforts
- Review schematics and other design documentation
- Occasional schematic entry and digital module design
- Analysis of high speed data links over fiber and copper media
- Hardware verification and lab testing of the test system
- Perform hardware integration tasks with the test system and the unit under test
- Familiar with rack and stack COTS system integration
- Strong background in digital logic design
- Experience with troubleshooting electronic assemblies and systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with analog/RF testing methods and equipment is a plus
- Familiar with scripting languages like tcl, perl, python.
- FPGA design experience with simulation and Xilinx tools is a plus
- Strong ability to debug and deduce digital design issues with use of lab tools such as bench supplies, scopes, and logic analyzers
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience assessing program requirements and identifying equipment required to emulate and test unit interfaces.
- This candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
Compensation: Base pay range is $75,000-125,000 depending on qualifications. SEAKR has very rich medical, dental and vision insurance plans, along with a generous 401(k) retirement plan. In addition to base salary, employees are eligible for a year-end bonus. SEAKR offers a variety of paid leave, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and FMLA.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required