Iridium is an award-winning and innovative satellite communications company with bragging rights to the only network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world. For over 20 years, Iridium’s unique network and services have supported critical communications needs for individuals, businesses, and the evolving Internet of Things.
At Iridium, we understand the importance of staying connected and the limitations of traditional communications networks. People across the globe, including first responders, humanitarians, global militaries, scientific researchers, and lone workers, as well as ships, aircraft and remote operations all rely on Iridium to stay connected. We take our responsibility for providing these essential communications very seriously and pride ourselves on offering a reliable lifeline when needed. Likewise, Iridium is committed to providing an exciting and innovative workplace, where employees are challenged to think outside the box and collaborate on new, bold ideas and solutions. Our talented teams are passionate about their work and the impact our company makes around the world. Iridium fosters an empowering and inclusive culture that allows employees to genuinely be their best selves. We are looking for others who want to join this truly unique company that celebrates our employees and provides the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world.
What We’re Looking For:
Iridium is seeking a collaborative, energetic, and results-driven Senior Sales and Operations Planning Analyst, with experience supporting a wide variety of Supply Chain-related responsibilities. This is an exciting and impactful role, perfect for someone who is inquisitive, organized, comfortable participating in both strategic and tactical projects simultaneously. As the Senior Sales and Operations Planning Analyst, you play a key role in demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models. The Senior Sales and Operations Planning Analyst will support order fulfillment activities while also planning the rollout of new products, and transition from existing products.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently develop effective forecast models based on inputs from sales, product management, sales contracts, and demand patterns
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- Prepare data for, and participate in, S&OP team meetings
- Optimize inventory levels including analysis of excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, inventory, and fulfillment metrics
- Ensure accurate and on-time delivery of sales orders, and adherence to sales contracts
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Drive inputs to part set-up and maintenance in the supply and demand systems
- Back up the Order Management function to ensure customer service levels are maintained
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field of study
- 8+ years experience in integrated demand and supply planning with sales, manufacturing, and business support functions
- Knowledge of Planning or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and Supply Chain business processes and tools
- Knowledge in demand planning processes, such as leading S&OP and Demand Planning activities
- Ability to develop relationships across different parts of the organization, particularly with Sales, Product Management, and Finance
- Ability to serve as a meeting facilitator
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey products, deliverables, analyses, and/or issues to groups outside of your team or those who are unfamiliar with the topic
- Have confidence and be able to easily build relationships with leadership and colleagues outside of your team
- Possess an analytical mindset, with the ability to understand a situation or problem and think critically to make decisions and come up with out-of-the-box solutions
- Be proactive in providing feedback and be enthusiastic in sharing your knowledge with others
- Capable of prioritizing your own tasks and potentially the tasks of others while making sure deadlines are met
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table:
- APICS or related certification
- PMP or related certification
- Previous experience working in a Contract Manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working in a high-tech manufacturing environment
We’ll also need you to:
- Be able to travel up to 5%
This position primarily works in the company office or in a home office. The position is largely sedentary with the majority of the position sitting in a chair and working with a computer. The role uses basic office equipment including a phone, video, computer, keyboard, mouse and printer. For meetings in-person, this position will need to be able stand, walk within the office and climb stairs on occasion.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.