One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
The field technician position involves installing, maintaining, repairing, and supporting voice and data microwave communication systems on Offshore and land-based facilities. The Field Technician is responsible for remaining on a rotational hitch in order to prepare, dispatch, coordinate, and support all aspects of the Microwave Network Infrastructure. This role must also be able to provide mid¬level system installation, commissioning, testing, and maintenance on Viasat's products and services overseas, onshore, and offshore as appropriate.The day-to-day
Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and troubleshooting/repair of Microwave, LTE, and satellite communications systems, Cisco VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, Intercom Systems, networking applications, and two-way radio systems on onshore and offshore sites, and remote locations.
- Handle job ownership throughout completion which includes: Time Sheets, Inventory Documentation, and Field Tickets
- Provide technical support and resources to ensure delivery of service.
- Be the liaison with clients, and groups within Viasat to ensure the timely delivery of service. Installation, commissioning and maintenance of all microwave infrastructure equipment, including Configuration, test, and faultfinding of Microwave, LTE, WiMAX, and Satellite radios. Configuration, test, and faultfinding of Auxiliary power, DC, and Battery systems. Assembly and installation of antenna systems
- Provide assistance to other Field Technicians during the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Microwave systems.
- Assist with the problem-solving of technical issues within the company.
Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners, or vendors involved in the employee’s daily tasks, including but not limited to, ISN/PEC, H2S, Water Egress, Lock Out/Tag Out, First Aid/CPR, Lifting, Fall Protection, Climbing Techniques and etc. Complete all required paperwork accurately, and legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management.What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- Experience in radio frequency communications systems
- Experience in computer networking systems and components a plus
- Experience in proper usage of a variety of hand tools
- Must be able to create and manipulate Microsoft Excel and Word Documents
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator Must be a well-organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid state driver's license required; good driving record
- Can obtain TWIC card
- Can obtain passport
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and have the ability to climb structures as required on land and offshore, installing communication and antenna systems
- PC literate
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work to meet both customer and company demands within a short timeframe
- Must be available on-call twenty-four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week, except for periods designated by the service supervisor
- Willing to work overtime and on scheduled days off as needed
- Must be able to pass a OGUK physical and D&A screening
- Experience with and interest in commercial-grade Microwave, Wimax, and LTE communications systems and Cisco networking equipment
- Computer and IP networking skills
- Knowledge of Microwave systems and related equipment
- Ability to install, commission, and fault-find Microwave systems and equipment
- Previous experience of installing, commissioning, and fault finding of Microwave, Wimax, LTE, and satellite systems, and equipment
- Test Equipment - able to use a range of suitable test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Wattmeters, Power Meters etc
- Associate's degree in electronic/engineering/telecom or data networks preferred
$27.31 - $43.56 / hourly
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.