One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
Become a personal contributor in our mission to connect the world. Viasat data scientists innovate in an environment that encourages collaboration while challenging the status quo. Join the industry leader in satellite communication and technology and take control of your professional pathway. Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe. It is uniquely Viasat and, intentionally, not like any other company.The day-to-day
As a member of our Global Enterprise Mobility data science team, you'll work on the improving the customer experience on our enterprise and mobile products through data. You will help create and develop these improvements by:
What You'll Need
- Developing machine learning models to understand, enhance, and personalize customer experience.
- Working alongside business leaders, analysts, and data engineers to deliver data and insights that drive decisions.
- Becoming familiar with the technologies that bring the Internet to millions of mobile passengers.
- This position will involve the full model and software development lifecycle: from ideation to minimum viable product creation to production support and improvements.
What Will Help You On The Job
- Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience or Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Master of Science or PhD candidate degree focus in Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Physics or a discipline requiring strong mathematics and statistical methods.
- Experience in one or more of: traditional machine learning models, recommendation systems, deep learning, or reinforcement learning.
- Strong software development experience.
- Experience with ML/DL algorithms with frameworks (PyTorch, Keras, Spark).
- Experience with statistical software (R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (SQL).
- Experience with experimental design (AB Testing).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to share results and insights with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Experience with using the Agile software development methodology to develop and deliver software so as to support a continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
- Ability to take a feature description and deliver a robust service in production.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - you must be able to explain and present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Willingness to teach others and to learn new techniques.
- Familiarity with API development.
- Snowflake and AWS SageMaker experience.
$107,750.00 - $180,300.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.