Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised 10M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 40 (20 nationalities!), we are now consolidating with a few key hires, before the start of another scale-up phase next year.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for top engineering talents to help us digitalize the space industry. Join us!
What will you do
You will report directly to the CTO and work with him, your team, and the rest of the organization to ensure high-level of service availability for our customers and to support our ambitious cloud roadmap.
As Cloud Infrastructure Lead:
- you will lead the Cloud DevOps & SRE team (2 engineers today, 5 by 2024), to manage, monitor and maintain our cloud infrastructure, supporting both our client-critical production environments as well as our development and testing environments
- you will be responsible for the stability of our service, looking after our SLAs
- you will design and implement strategies for an highly available, secure, cost-efficient and performant infrastructure
- you will work with the product development leads supporting the architecture and design of new features, as well as monitoring of these features in production
- you will have a role in our product roadmap by formulating and owning initiatives to bring new capabilities or improve existing ones to our platform, such as: improving our infrastructure maturity and security, opening various AWS regions with multi-tenant and dedicated clusters, putting in place various cloud deployment and hosting options for our customers (including with other public cloud providers), and preparing the entry into the US market (with requires relevant accreditations and setting up specific service delivery models),
- you will support the CTO and the general management team in security audits, accreditation and other compliance initiatives
- Significant experience in software systems development using AWS cloud services.
- Experience in AWS solution architecture, infrastructure deployment and management.
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring, with any tool like Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, Cloudwatch etc.
- Ability to review infrastructure-as-a-code from developers.
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Interest in progressing to a team leadership position.
- Interest for the space sector.
- Fluent in English.
- Familiarity with Java Spring microservices is an asset.
- Familiarity with Azure, GCP or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
- AWS Certified Solution Architect or AWS Sysops Administrator is a plus.
- Experience with cybersecurity in the cloud
The role is based at our headquarters near Strasbourg, France with partial remote work possible.
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space exploration.
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- Join a fast-growth tech startup as one of its first employees - the best way to fast-track your career.
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process, if needed
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- Private health insurance “mutuelle”
- Participation of 50% of subscriptions for commuting costs
- “Carte ticket restaurant” (meal voucher)