Are you up to the challenge?
- Demonstrate innovative ideas to lead towards the creation of new solutions.
- Work in a network composed of a satellite network part and a ground network part.
- Work in a project-oriented environment.
- Present solutions in a timely manner while working on parallel projects.
- Drive and validate new development solutions or features. x
- Represent the organizations as a Subject Matter Expert in cross-functional environments.
- Work with Vendors to design new features
Can you drive these processes?
- Perform production changes. Create and execute Method of Procedures.
- Perform Network improvements. Perform deep network analysis to achieve KPI goals
- Provide technical support to Operations on production issues and drive the effort until resolution.
- Manage /configure production network solution within the technology supported.
- New Solutions. Create technical requirements for new features.
- New Implementations. Deploy and configure new solutions.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Seven years of experience or more in one of the following industries: Telecommunications, Wireless Communication, ISP and/or IT.
- Excellent understanding of network data traffic (bandwidth, throughput, data flow, packet capture, follow traffic flows, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong experience in data performance analysis.
- Good understanding of network’s Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4.
- Good understanding of scripting with Linux or similar languages. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working as a Systems Engineer
- Master Degree in an Engineering area.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new solutions and new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including Discretionary Time Off (DTO), medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled