Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Certification Engineer will drive key processes to obtain and retain FAA certification for Intelsat products in all targeted In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) products & associated aircraft types.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and execute certification plans to support STC modification projects
- Manage project certification compliance
- Participate in internal and external program review meetings
- Represent Intelsat professionally and knowledgably with FAA and oversees aviation regulatory organizations
- Coordinate certification activities with the FAA, obtain FAA approval as required and confer and/or correspond with the FAA to keep Intelsat management aware of status of projects for approval with the FAA
- Develop the following: Certification Plans, Compliance Checklist and Summary Compliance Report, Weight Change Report / Loading Manual, Airworthiness Limitations, MDL, Wire Routing Assessment, System Safety Assessment, Electrical Load Analysis, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Conformity Plan, RFC's, AMOC’s, TIA, Issue Papers, EWIS Assessment, Technical Publication Manuals, and overall Project Management
- Participate in preliminary design review, PDR, and Critical Design Review, CDR meetings
- Alert others to changes affecting Intelsat by reviewing the Federal Register and monitoring regulatory change proposals, to assure Intelsat meets all regulatory requirements and provide guidance to the development teams as it relates to regulatory and industry standards
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Business, Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in a certification engineer role related to FAA regulations procedures and the STC process
- Experience with FAA and oversees civil aviation regulatory/STC project development and execution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a cross functional team to deliver timely results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, able to anticipate problems and proactively address issues
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other project and engineering related software programs.
- This role is covered by ITAR/EAR regulations and candidates must be US persons
It would be nice if you had:
- FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and equivalent foreign regulations
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible Work Arrangements and Hybrid Work Policy of 3 days per week onsite experience
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled