Intuitive Machines is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Intuitive Machines provides lunar surface access, lunar orbit delivery, and communications equipment at lunar distances, founded in 2013, Houston 77058, we are a leading space exploration, infrastructure, and services company that designs, manufactures, assembles & tests various operating devices for Nasa, Artemis, Axiom and with Jacobs Engineering.
This position will support the company’s ongoing development of a Lunar, Terrestrial, and Deep Space communications internetwork, using Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking architecture and protocol stacks, aka the “IM Interplanetary DTN.”
Focus on OSI protocols.
The applicant will be located on-site in Houston, TX 77058, working under the direction and mentorship of a Senior Engineer. The candidate will work in a cross-functional team on the design, development, test, and operation of an advanced communications network that will include ground stations, satellite constellations and spacecraft on the Moon and beyond.
We are seeking the best, the brightest and the driven to be part of the commercial space revolution.
Join our team and you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation, benefits and the possession of your own unique place in history.
- Support the design and development of the commercial IM Interplanetary DTN
- Develop convergence and link layer adapters for use with IM’s terrestrial and space hardware
- Generate documentation about how to develop convergence and link layer adapters
- Develop test plans to determine reliability and performance of the IM Interplanetary DTN
- Participate in the development of a R&D DTN Laboratory
- B.S degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of experience in software development
- 3- 5 years of experience in C development
- Clear understanding and experience with internetworking protocols such as the TCP/IP protocol suite
- 3+ years of experience developing abstraction layers and protocol stack interfaces for embedded systems using a real time operating system
- Experience developing firmware/device drivers for serial interfaces like RS-232/422, etc.
- General knowledge in Cybersecurity
- Excellent written and communicational skills
- Organized, thorough, and methodical approach to software quality and testing
- Penchant for self-starting and problem solving
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Gitlab, Confluence, Jira
- A passion for spaceflight
- Experience with GSFC Core Flight Software (cFS)
- Experience in software development for space applications
- Knowledge and experience in Delay Tolerant Networking and Bundle Protocol
- Knowledge and experience in BPSec services
- Knowledge of IETF and CCSDS standards
- Knowledge of LTP, AOS, and Proximity-1 protocols
- Experience with Space wire/ IEEE 1355 networking
- Experience in embedded software development for space applications
- General knowledge in Cybersecurity
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Embraces Intuitive Machines core values: Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Excellence
- Ability and willingness to work under compressed and aggressive delivery schedules
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
U.S. Citizenship Required
- Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, due to restrictions imposed through contracts supporting the U.S. Government, some positions require