Primary role purpose:
The role will be based in Hamburg, Germany and may include travel to other countries in the nearby vicinity. The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with both existing and new direct customer accounts within the Maritime business unit.
In particular the Sales Manager will be heavily involved in selling Inmarsat’s Maritime Digital & IOT portfolio and working with internal stakeholders to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
The two most important objectives are to retain and enhance existing accounts and grow the defined customer base. The aim is to shift customer relationships from being transactional to a strategic partnership and influence buying decisions.
The Sales Manager will be a valued contributor amongst colleagues and will proactively seek opportunities and identify needs to be fulfilled by the Inmarsat Maritime portfolio. This will be achieved through close co-operation/partnership with both end customers and partners, and will be based on an intimate knowledge of their business and operational needs. Account planning and profound knowledge of solution based selling will also be key to achieving maximum results.Qualifications
The Sales Manager will need to quickly identify key new customers and establish productive working relationships on multiple levels by promoting the Inmarsat Maritime brand and product/service propositions.
- Sales & business development
- Realization of revenue targets.
- Selection, acquisition and retention of (key) accounts (partners/end-users).
- Conduct negotiations and close deals
- Present Inmarsat Maritime and sell its products and services to customers and prospects, including its Maritime portfolio
- Account Management
- Building Strategic Account Plans
- Developing Account Goals and Objectives
- Creating a Key Contact Map (key contacts and influencers inside accounts/ prospects)
- Managing the Contract Renewal Process
- Gaining Executive Level Account Involvement
- Regular analysis of the reported revenue figures in order to be able to steer on revenue
- Work closely in a team with Sales Support
- Have an active and structured dialog within the Inmarsat organization
- Co-operate with Market- and product management with feedback from the market and pro-active contribute to proposition development.
- Strong CRM Management (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Timely reporting using the correct formats to keep the Inmarsat organization informed
- Contributing to regional plans as part of the planning cycle.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the Sector development teams within Inmarsat
- Represent Inmarsat at Industry Exhibitions (trade shows) and Conferences.
- Previous experience from a similar position, preferably within the Satellite Communications market
- Proven sales achievements in a solution based sales environment
- Eager to sell
- Ability to understand a customer’s value drivers
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Open to new technology and a quick learner
- Highly motivated with closing capabilities
- Stable career history
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, social and outgoing
- Confident in travelling
- International network and cross-cultural understanding is an advantage
- Fluent in German and English both orally and in writing
- Embrace Inmarsat’s High Performance Culture (HPC) values
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.