Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
As a member of the IT leadership team, reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the Director, ERP Applications will enhance and oversee global ERP application development, testing & support, including data integration across a diverse and decentralized computing environment. Working closely with Enterprise Architects, the role will maintain strong functional business knowledge and will be proficient with business process reengineering and large-scale ERP initiatives. The successful candidate will be someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. They will maintain robust development processes and ensure that ERP Applications projects & portfolios are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner, incorporating effective release, change and risk management controls. They will be responsible for the end-to-end service delivery model for ERP.
The ideal candidate will have strong solutions, application, development and project/portfolio management experience and a good understanding of technical infrastructure. The right candidate will have a track-record of leading complex initiatives, ability to navigate strategic and tactical challenges, strong business acumen, and capacity to lead several key initiatives in parallel working with large extended and cross functional teams.
Required Skills And Experience
- Provide leadership to a development and support team consisting of in house and outsourced teams and individual contributors.
- Build and manage relationships with senior leaders within the IT organization and the business functional teams.
- Create IT and business cross-functional teams optimized for successful delivery of programs.
- Build and execute ERP Application roadmaps to support corporate strategy and goals.
- Work with Enterprise Architects, and process leaders in the business to prioritize user/functional requirements into actionable roadmaps.
- Research existing systems and procedures and make changes to improve quality, effectiveness and stability of the legacy and future ERP applications and services.
- Support the design, development and delivery of ERP and related enterprise system initiatives (e.g., Supply Chain, Maintenance & Quality systems) to translate requirements & objectives into effective functional business systems.
- Drive architectural change to support application migration to cloud technologies, where applicable and introduce automation and orchestration of manual process to improve efficiency
- Continuously improve and streamline development and application support processes and ensure robust quality assurance process.
- Work with Customer Service, Information Security, and Infrastructure & Operations teams to ensure seamless and rapid response and resolution of application related service support cases.
- Identify gaps & issues in technical requirements, processes, or projects, and actively address in collaboration with the business solutions and project delivery teams.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Manage the ERP Applications development and support budget and provide input in the administration of related operating and project related budgets.
- Write reports, documents, and presents analyses, project status, risks and issues.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Five to ten years of ERP Development and/or Deployment experience in a leadership role with a proven track record of developing enterprise grade web-based applications
- Proven experience with software development project methodologies (SDLC, Agile, PMP, Scrum) and ideally proven DevOps/CI CD experience
- Proven experience in large ERP deployments, and preferably deep expertise in Oracle E-Business Suite
- 5+ years of work within complex manufacturing and high-technology business processes and deep understanding or ERP business flows.
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense industries is a plus.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Cloud services and related cloud technologies
- The ability to motivate, inspire, counsel, and facilitate individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for goals.
- A blend of business, technical, financial, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent critical/structured analysis, strategic planning, and project execution skills
- Team player with a passion for building relationships and providing exceptional service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
- Able to mentor others as needed.
- Capable of being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure.
- Able to define activity roadmaps considering limited and scarce resources.
- Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $123,200.00–$197,150.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.