Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.SPACE SYSTEMS
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque
, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.QUALITY ENGINEER
Based out of Rocket Lab's new site in Albuquerque, NM as part of the SolAero Technologies acquisition, the Quality Engineer is responsible for representing the quality department to ensure there are correct processes for building advanced solar panels for space applications and ensuring they won’t fail on orbit. You will support the Quality Engineering Manager and the Production organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Recommend and Implement, as appropriate Quality initiatives to business process, cycle time, and product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Represent the Quality department in matters related to customer service responses, customer issues and the associated corrective and preventive action.
- Earlier involvement in product design phase, lead the effort of continuously improving design for manufacturing, optimizing process, and vendor quality.
- Work closely with product management team, engineering team on translating the customer requirements to product specification. Monitoring product spec up-to-date throughout the product life cycle according to the customer spec updating.
- Facilitating customer visits, audits, and inquires on product quality issues. Lead product quality issue 8D analysis and drive long term quality improvements into product designs.
- Responsible for the generation of QMS documentation and measures to ensure compliance with AS 9000, customer and SolAero requirements.
- Identify, develop and control Quality Department procedures in support of the division requirements. For example: nonconforming material disposition and MRB, returned material authorization and customer issues, incoming material inspection, and supplier corrective action.
- Participate in the internal Audit process at SolAero.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- 1+ year of experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries, and maintaining data integrity.
- 1+ year of experience automating the creation, assembly, and distribution of documents using tools such as Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft office, or other documented automation software.
- 1+ year of experience using OCR technology to convert scanned images or PDFs into searchable and editable documents, and working with OCR software to automate data reviews and reporting.
- 1+ year of experience designing and developing customer data reports using tools such as Microsoft Power Bi, or other business intelligence software.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Data Science or Analytics etc. a plus certifications in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering etc, acceptable with SQL, OCR, and/or custom data reporting experience.
BENEFITS AND LOCATION:
- Familiarity with current Quality System Standards.
- Attention to detail and careful application of engineering rigor are essential
- Strong statistics background. Demonstrate problem solving skills/tools in real working environment.
- Read, analyze and interpret professional technical procedures or government regulations.
- Knowledge of interpreting and correcting engineering drawings a plus.
- Experience in semiconductors and/or aerospace field.
- Relocation eligible to local area – Albuquerque, NM – depending on position
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k match up to 3%
- 10 paid company holidays and 16 days of PTO
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
SolAero by Rocket Lab is based in Albuquerque (ABQ), in the heart of New Mexico. ABQ offers both affordability and easy access to the outdoors and rich cultural centers such as museums and art galleries. With almost 300 days of sunshine a year, but also proximity to secluded ski slopes, there’s something for everyone who loves the outdoors. You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to try authentic New Mexican cuisine – a delicious blend of traditional Native American foods mixed with roasted green chiles. Fun fact: ABQ is the hot air ballooning capital of the world! It’s for all these reasons and more that New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment.IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as denied by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.Important Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here