Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat Inflight has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer, (JAVA/AWS). You will play a critical role in developing the billing application software that enables Intelsat Commercial Aviation to invoice our customers and generate revenue. You will drive the transformation of Intelsat’s billing systems from on-premise to AWS Cloud. Bring your passion for AWS application design and Data Engineering to this exciting opportunity where wireless and aerospace unit.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop high-quality financial system software design and architecture in AWS
- Produce consistent, high-quality code by following industry best practices and company standards
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities
- Ensure unit tests are well written to provide maximum code coverage.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Participate in Code Reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects, ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Can identify and address performance bottlenecks in a production environment
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) and Research and Development Efforts for leading edge technologies in area
- Manage monthly financial transaction processing in AWS
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5 -7 years of experience in developing and deploying applications in AWS, with commensurate expertise in relevant AWS components including S3, EMR, EC2, Lambda, AWS Data Pipeline, RDS,
- 5 -7 years of experience writing code using Java as primary programming language
- 2-4 years of experience writing code in Scala or Python
- 3-5 years demonstrable knowledge working with traditional RDBMS solutions e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgres
- 1-2 years demonstrative knowledge working with NoSQL Solutions such as DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude, excellent knowledge of object-oriented design concepts
- Strong ability to work with large complex datasets with ability to characterize and quantify data quality
- Self-starter, team player and ability to work independently in an individual contributor role
It would be nice if you had:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Certification
- AWS Big Data Certification
- Good knowledge of message queues
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins, spinnaker etc
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, Medical, Tuition Reimbursement, and Training
- Flexible Work Schedule including hybrid work of 3 days in office per week
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled