Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat is looking for an experienced Customer Experience (CX) automation tester to support our software pre-release testing and continuous improvement activities. In support of the software pre-release work, your automated test cases will assess the impact on our CX Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of Intelsat hardware changes, software releases, network changes, portal updates, new device models and core apps (iOS, Android, Windows, Chromebook), browsers updates (Chrome, Safari), and Apps (Instagram, Netflix, WhatsApp, YouTube). For Continuous Improvement, you will partner with System Engineering and the Virtual Architecture Teams to define and conduct Lab Tests covering the on-board CX KPIs and report results. Your ideas will continuously raise the bar - helping us find new solutions to deliver best in class products and services.
Are you up to the challenge?
- This role requires expertise with both manual execution of cross-platform Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs), web application and load test cases, and with automating test cases with automation frameworks for desktop and mobile applications using open-source technologies like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, and Cucumber. You should also have programming skills using Java.
- In addition to systems analysis to support quality engineering, you will get to work alongside the automation developers and bring best in class automation to the company.
- Examine and understand Customer Experience metrics, but also business requirements and service level agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Perform system analysis and collaborate with engineers across teams to build best in class testing approach and suggest automation frameworks to support continuous integration and help improve testing and Customer Experience.
- Work with Hardware, Software and System Engineering to measure the contribution to the CX performance of each system component on the data path.
- Conduct Design of Experiments and define detailed Test Plans in support of improvements provided by Engineering
- Schedule, conduct and monitor test scenarios using various performance testing tools.
- Install adequate SW version, Apps, accounts and configurations on the test environment and the test devices.
- Ensure the configuration of the test environment is consistent with the test requirements (load levels, network capacity, latency, policies, etc.).
- Configure automated test scripts, build workload models, and execute performance tests.
- Analyse tests results, produce test summary reports, and suggest optimization actions.
- Monitor system stability throughout the test cycle.
- Ensure that CX KPIs are accurately and automatically measured in the Lab Environment
- Document test progress and defects found in JIRA, schedule all meetings necessary to gather consensus on the course of action following your findings and reports.
- Coordinate testing efforts with extended teams within the enterprise.
- Collaborate with development engineers to improve testing and the quality of our code.
- Support Root Cause Analyses for any issues found.
- Define Lab Environment requirements to support CX KPIs as they evolve over time
- Be both a manager and a coach, drive employee development and engagement.
- Help with the training and mentoring of other team members
- You will also work with our platform tooling team, who will be building our cloud platform and support them with our deployment automation tooling.
You should definitely have:
- Master’s and 3 years of software testing experience or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of software testing experience.
- 3 years’ experience with social media and video streaming testing and automation
- 3 years’ experience with load and performance testing tools
- Experience with system load test, preferably in a Telecommunication or portal development environment.
- Expertise with tools like Selenium web driver and Appium frameworks for all Webapps, Native & Hybrid apps.
- Understanding of modern web application architecture utilizing decoupled modules and independent subsystems.
- Expertise on Source management tools like Git and on build management tools like Gradle.
- Passion for details and for timely, accurate and clear communication.
- Appreciation for standard processes and procedures.
- Extreme sense of responsibility, accountability and passion for technology, quality of work and desire to learn & take ownership.
- Experience with test management and error management tools like Zephyr and JIRA.
- Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with third party cloud-based testing tools a plus.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with application software development, using Java or other web-centric technologies.
- Technical skills such as database technologies, networking systems and operating system essentials.
- Network Engineering and/or troubleshooting experience
- Understanding and experience of BDD/TDD strengths and weaknesses.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean principles
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements includes 3 days of hybrid office work experience
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled