The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
This impactful senior technical position within Space Enterprise and Warfighting Division, Space Security Concepts provides high-quality analytical support to the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP), advising the Government on the design of future space forces to win the next war. This fast-paced organization is developing the next generation of capabilities to protect and defend US space systems in a multi-level classification environment. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with interagency, military, and civilian communities in the planning and development of prototype Space Control systems, defense planning and architectures.
This role is located at our Colorado Springs, Colorado operation. This position requires regular work in the office, in classified spaces, and is not compatible with telework.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work directly with government customers to define the future Space Control Force Design and identify recommended performance parameters at the mission and system level
- Support government development and demonstration of capabilities and payloads that advance the state of the art in Space Control systems from concept through prototyping, acquisition, testing and into operations
- Leverage Aerospace corporate expertise from the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) and Project West Wing (PWW) to provide technical support across the full array of space systems engineering disciplines
- Establish, lead and mentor high-performing ETG teams across multiple geographic locations
- Provide periodic execution reviews to Aerospace and customer senior management
- Provide frequent communication to government counterparts on Aerospace ETG support
- Collaborate with other Aerospace personnel across all Corporate locations
- Direct interaction with various organizations including US Space Force (USSF), Space Warfare Analysis Center (SWAC), 3rd Test & Evaluation Squadron (3TES), Space Systems Center (SSC), US Space Command (USSC), and the subordinate Space Operations Squadrons (SOPS), the Intelligence Community and other Combatant Commands
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics or other technical sciences
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in systems acquisition, development, operations, and/or program management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of engineers on space systems development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal presentations and written reports.
- Periodic travel is required
- A current Top-Secret SCI clearance with CI poly, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
- Graduate degree in engineering, physics, or other technical sciences from a recognized institution
- Current knowledge of Space Control system technologies, capabilities, acquisition, and an understanding of space and ground systems development.
- Defense planning experience
- Test & Evaluation experience with a strong background space vehicle design
- Experience leveraging matrixed employees to provide expertise for space systems development
- Demonstrated success in directly interfacing with senior government leadership of varying backgrounds
- Extensive experience with one or more space system development program offices
- Experience working with the Space Security and Defense Program, US Space Force, US Space Command and NRO customers
- Knowledge of man-made threats to space systems
- Current Special Access Program (SAP) clearances.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$170,000 - $190,000 - $210,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.