Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.PAD TECHNICIAN - ELECTRICAL
Based out of Rocket Lab's new launch complex in Wallops Island, VA the Pad Technician – Electrical is key to enabling LC-2 in delivering launches at the highest rate. With a focus on electrical systems, you will be working with a tight-knit team of technicians and engineers to build, integrate, test, operate and maintain critical launch systems and process launch vehicles.
What You’ll Get To Do
- This role requires 12 weeks of nonconsecutive international travel to our facility in New Zealand*
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Fit out, assembly and installation of launch pad electrical systems such as electrical and control hardware and RF equipment
- Installation and build of industrial electrical hardware, instrumentation and control hardware and power systems
- Installation and build of harnesses and wiring for extra low voltage systems through to 500 V systems
- Troubleshooting electrical issues on launch pad and range control systems
- Development of preventative maintenance and inspection procedures for electrical systems
- Support launch vehicle, launch pad, and launch operations with regard to integration and checkouts
- Routine maintenance and upgrades of the launch electrical systems
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Current U.S. Passport or willing and able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport
- 2+ years of experience in avionics/electrical hardware build, installation, repair and/or maintenance
- Experience in heavy commercial or industrial environment with a focus on electrical systems
- Previous experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
- Experience with trade tools and equipment such as wire strippers, torque drivers, multimeter and powers supplies
- Proven ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
- Experience with maintenance and repair of generators and UPS Systems
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of fluid systems - pneumatic, cryogenic and/or hydraulics preferred
- Understanding of instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with Data Systems and Equipment
- Experience using Labview or comparable User Interface
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here