Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.IT Senior Network Engineer – Space Systems
Located onsite at Rocket Lab Headquarters in Long beach, the IT Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of all networks and firewalls relating to Space Systems and their related Operations.
These systems include support of the infrastructure required for Space System at related sites such as RLHQ, Colorado, and New Mexico. Components include flat sat networks, loggers/telemetry servers, on orbit operations, remote operators, mission control room infra, and customer connectivity.What You’ll Get To Do
Be a senior member of the team that delivers a global focus on all the network infrastructure and software that will enable Rocket Lab Engineers and Space Ops Personnel to deliver our world class Space System capabilities.
Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support for our highly reliable and available IT network infrastructure that support the Space Systems team.
Lead upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure.
Lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for Space System network infrastructure and new customer satellite commissioning projects in support of Annual Operating Plan goals.Champion The Space Systems IT Infrastructure Standards Function(s) At Rocket Lab Through The Implementation Of Standards For The Deployment And Management Of The Space System Infra Environments To Ensure
- compliance with Rocket Lab Policies
- compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
- simplified and consistent environment management practices
- automated build and maintenance processes
- improvements to increase reliability of systems.
- system High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- that the team is providing effective support
- clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc.
- comprehensive documentation of environments and support
- efficient cost control
Work with the other Network Engineers to establish WAN and LAN networking Standards.
Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals.You’ll Bring These Qualifications
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- 5+ year of experience in IT.
- 3+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role.
- In-depth knowledge of Fortinet, Juniper or Cisco network switching and firewall setup, configuration, and management.
- Expert knowledge of WAN, SD-WAN, routing, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
- One or more of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
- Security frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, etc.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Pay Range (CA Only)
$113,000 — $135,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here