Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About The Role
The RF Team Lead - LV is responsible for developing the RF communications and navigation systems used on Rocket Lab’s launch vehicles and for supporting these systems during their in-service phase. You will be responsible to ensure the systems are subjected to an appropriate level of engineering rigor, well documented, in compliance with requirements and generally fit for purpose. You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.Essential Skills
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, majoring in communications systems (or an equivalent qualification)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, integrating and testing RF communications and navigation systems for launch vehicles or satellites
- Extensive experience supporting and leading complex engineering programs and developing associated documentation
- A solid theoretical and practical understanding of RF communications and navigation systems and components
- A solid understanding of RF test and measurement fundamentals and significant practical experience using RF test equipment
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Project management experience
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground-breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here