Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.SPACE SYSTEMS
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for the development, test, and deployment of flight spacecraft systems, as well as the development, maintenance, and upgrading of the test systems for that hardware. You will support the Space Systems organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.What You’ll Get To Do
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead and own integration and test campaigns at various levels of spacecraft development
- Work collaboratively with team members to define systems requirements, as well as verification and validation plans
- Develop acceptance, qualification, and R&D test plans for spacecraft systems
- Develop, maintain, and operate environmental test systems (Vibe, TVAC, Thermal, EMI, etc.)
- Develop and maintain mechanical and electrical ground support equipment and facilities
- Interface with ground test software and implement flight software configuration changes
- Lead investigations into anomalous vehicle behavior
- Interface with hardware-in-the-loop test systems
(Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronics, mechatronics, aerospace, or other engineering degree
- 1+ years of professional, co-op, or internship experience as a test engineer or other hands-on engineering role; OR master’s degree in engineering
- Experience with environmental testing, such as thermal vacuum or random vibration testing
- Proficiency with C, C++, Python, or MATLAB; and Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Products
- Experience in writing technical documentation, such as procedures, reports, and requirements
- Master’s degree in electrical, electronics, mechatronics, aerospace, or other engineering degree
- 4+ years of professional experience as a test engineer in the aerospace industry
- Strong understanding of satellite subsystems (CDH, ADCS, EPS, and COMM)
- Experience working in a clean room and with ESD-sensitive equipment
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (PSU, Oscilloscope, DMM, etc.)
- Exposure to designing and implementing test systems for electronics
- Understanding of sensors, signal conditioning and data acquisition electronics
- Familiarity with spacecraft harness design and best practices
- Experience with 3D CAD software, preferably NX
- Experience with RF testing and hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Experience with Linux systems
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Pay Range (CA Only)
$85,000 — $135,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here