Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.Team
The Integrated Performance department is responsible for ensuring that Relativity’s rockets will achieve our objectives. Our department comprises teams responsible for Flight Sciences, including Aerodynamics, Thermal Science, Loads, and Dynamics; Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) and Performance; Structures Analysis; and Systems Engineering. Our teams architect and execute analysis, simulation, and test projects for all of Relativity’s hardware, software, and operations teams in pursuit of mission success.What You’ll Do
What You Need To Know
- Drive architecture, sizing, and development of structures like tanks, thrust structures, mechanisms, trays, lines, and other components in collaboration with peer technical teams
- Build, execute, and validate structures analyses at the component, system, and vehicle level, including relevant tool development and automation. Develop novel structural analysis techniques for reusable, 3D-printed launch vehicles
- Direct design and development engineers in the successful application of structural mechanics and analysis principles to achieve system and component requirements
- Develop and execute tests to support structures development and qualification, including hands-on work like test article integration, instrumentation setup, and data processing
Nice To Haves But Not Required
- Experience in analysis role and a Bachelor's degree in related discipline, or a Master’s degree without professional experience
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test (from hand calculations to advanced numerical analysis e.g., nonlinear buckling or explicit dynamics)
- Fundamental knowledge of metallic structure behavior and failure modes like strength, stability, and fatigue
- Proficiency in commercial aerospace finite element packages (e.g., Nastran, Abaqus) and a relevant pre/post-processor like Femap
- Proficiency with an engineering scripting language like Python or MATLAB
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
- Experience across multiple full product lifecycles in a structures analysis role
- Graduate education in structural mechanics, computer science, or numerical methods
- Experience with Abaqus or ANSA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspaceHiring Range