Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.About The Position
At Rocket Lab, traceability and inspection are paramount to our quality and tracking processes. This role is within our team of Quality Control Inspectors.
You will be responsible for ensuring all purchased materials conforms to our high quality standards through technical inspections, documentation is filed and stored correctly, parts are supplied to flight stores and production on time.
Training will be provided however you should be comfortable with engineering drawings, understanding inspection reports, administrative tasks, ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, be well organised, have sharp time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.Essential Skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite products
- Some experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally with experience around quality processes.
- The ability to understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to learn & operate new equipment safely.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to learning new skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Well organised with attention to detail
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- Experience in using Vernier callipers, micro-meters, gauges – height, thread, pin and other similar measuring equipment.
- Experience working with electronics PCB’s and assemblies.
- Working safely with ESD sensitive products.
- Experience with CMM and non-contact measuring equipment.
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
To find out more or receive a complete position description apply now
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here