For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a CADM Analyst
on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
The CADM Analyst occupation demands that all configured documents be recorded into the product lifecyle management database (PLM) and manipulated according to both the project contractual requirements and the organizational policies and processes. They are required to provide guidance to the projects regarding configuration management best practices and ensure that these principles are being respected. Support and train users on CADM related processes.
- Create, release and maintain configured records in the product lifecycle management database in accordance with the company configuration control management processes. Configured records/documents included, bill of materials, all documents, drawings, Engineering Change Notice (ECN), Deviation Implementation Notice (DIN), Items, electronic files, etc.
- As a PLM ‘super-user’, perform BOM updates, transfers to ERP, workarea/worflow creation and/or modification, linking operations and coordinate related debugging when required.
- Review and approve complex technical documents/items and data packages to ensure that the configuration requirements are being respected.
- Coordinate inputs from multiple sources, prioritize, follow up, resolve or escalate blocking issues in order to meet program milestones and aggressive schedules.
- Familiarize themselves with the Statement of Work (SOW) and contract notice to ensure that contractual configuration requirements are fulfilled throughout the project duration. The contract notice includes intellectual property confidentiality, ownership and rights, and export control/Security requirements.
- Define and generate the project Configuration Management Notice (CMN) based on project specific requirements. (contractual and internal) with the Project and Product Assurance Manager.
- Establish and maintain baseline document as required by the projects.
- Assess non-standard CM situations to determine if a process deviation may be appropriate. Evaluate stakeholder impact and ensure resolution through discussions with Management.
- Maintain CDRL/SDRL/CIDL documents (as required by the project). Involves:
- Submitting /Receiving documents to/from customer/subcontractors as per project distribution (project specific).
- Working collaboratively with customers and suppliers to securely transfer data using various file transfer tools & sites.
- Compile monthly CADM and ECN metrics by performing advanced queries and analyzing data.
- Support departmental ISO, AS9100 audits and maintenance of the organizations Quality Management System Documentation.
- Compile all documentation related to an End Item Data Package (EIDP) in collaboration with the Product Assurance Manager. Ensures that all contractual requirements are addressed.
- Process superseded and/or obsolete documents.
- Attend project kick-off meetings, PDR and CDR events (as required by the project).
- Maintain the project list in the product lifecycle management database.
- Prepare and maintain customized project reports (as required by the project).
- Support project closure activities.
- Participate in business and department improvement initiatives. Including the development, testing & implementation of new system functionalities, automation as well as the update of processes & instructions to reflect new or evolving practices.
- Support and provide training to CADM users (Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.) and new employees under this job description or related functions.
- Perform Library activities such as document circulation, acquisitions, cataloguing, and guiding users with respect to various subscription and e-book platforms, etc.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- CEGEP Diploma (DEC) or equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in configuration document management or equivalent.
- Bilingual, French and English, spoken and written. Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer service oriented (patient and courteous)
- Strong analytical skills
- Thorough and systematic approach
- Team spirit
- Resourceful, autonomous
- Familiarity with configuration management standards & procedures.
- CM certification from a recognized CM Institute or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of CADM policies and procedures
- Software Knowledge: A product lifecycle management system; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) ; WinZip; Acrobat; Visio; Any Email system; Assets: SharePoint, SQL. Excel Macros, Camtasia, Teams, reading code
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.