For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director, Industrial Security, the CGP & Security Administrator is responsible for processing, monitoring and maintaining MDA’s personal security clearances to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations set forth by the Canadian Government under the Contracts Security Program “CSP” and Controlled Goods Program “CGP”, and also meet MDA’s internal security requirements.
The Security Admin will be responsible for continuous improvement, anticipate changing customer needs and changes, demonstrate vision in advancing tools, technology, processes, and be well integrated in the community to stay abreast of best practices.
You will demonstrate a capability to balance the legal implications of current security requirements to ensure that business continues at all times in conformance with the law. This role will also require an ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Complete administration of MDA’s security clearances required for the Industrial Security Program and Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
- Follow-up with Government agencies on pending security clearances
- In coordination with Human Resources and/or Talent Acquisition team, gather all information and documents required for the successful submission of request for security clearances to the required Government Agencies
- Accept the appointment and undertake duties of an Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO) and Designated Official (DO)
- Follow-up with new employees to obtain pending or missing information or documents required to obtain security clearances
- Monitor expirations and process renewals for existing security clearances
- Provide training on security procedures to MDA employees.
- Report risks to management on a periodic basis highlighting any issues and complex cases.
- Provide status to internal managers on pending security clearances
- When required, contact references or other parties to verify background information related to security processes
- Support with daily activities required for the proper record keeping of security clearances.
- Tasks related to security such as processing Visitors, flowing security requirements, communications with other partners for security related matters, communicating with MDA’s facilities team regarding badges and building access matters.
- Assists actively in the creation and implementation of new tools to better manage security clearances, and related records
- Supports the Regulatory & Compliance team with assessments of possible breaches and also investigations
- Acts as back-up and supports other MDA sites in tasks related to security.
- Makes sure the requirements to store, handle, protect and/or dispose of protected or classified documents are followed in accordance with the Canadian Contracts Security Manual
- Other related duties as required.
Job Qualifications And Experience
- University and/or College degree in administration, secretarial, clerical or related fields or 3+ years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in administration.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Possess good judgement and the ability to handle complex security screening files.
- Must be deadline oriented and flexible and be able to work under pressure.
- Bilingual French / English (an asset)
- Understanding of the Canadian Contracts Security Program and Controlled Goods Program (an asset)
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.