For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Join our fast-growing UK team and make your mark on the space industry! We're seeking a highly ambitious, commercially-driven Bid Manager to help us continue our success and growth.
As the Bid Manager, you will play a key role in identifying bid opportunities and driving the end-to-end bid management process from proposal request to delivery. You will be responsible for supporting or leading the development of bid strategy, coordinating proposal generation, and communicating with potential customers and stakeholders.
- Manage the bid management process from start to finish
- Lead or support the development of winning bid strategies and themes
- Write compelling content and coordinate input from UK and Canada teams
- Coordinate project pricing and run the bid review process
- Act as the main point of contact for potential customers and stakeholders
- Manage selected early stage projects and develop commercial opportunities
- Contribute to the Bid Library with boilerplate material and templates
- Develop tools and processes to improve bid efficiency and quality
- Stay up-to-date on MDA’s products, business strategies, and competition
- 5+ years of experience in the space industry
- 3+ years of experience as a Bid Manager, or similar role
- Knowledge of commercial, government, and institutional SPACE industry players a very strong asset
- Experience in a startup or growth type of environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Familiarity with MS Project or other scheduling tools
- University degree (preferably in a space-related or technical discipline)
- Passion for SPACE
- Project Management and Business Development experience
- Knowledge of UKSA, ESA, and other governmental and institutional contracting conditions and pricing methods
- Exposure to both New Space and established organizations
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to be a part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must be in a position to obtain and hold a security clearance if required or if in doubt are asked to declare any issues that might prevent such a clearance to be contained.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used.