Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Job Summary
As a Software CAM (Control Account Manager), you will collaboratively manage the schedule, budget, and technical performance metrics of satellite subsystem deliverables for assigned control accounts. You will be empowered to and responsible for driving the team execution for flight software, firmware, and emulators across multiple programs. The position will require working with company and program management, multiple engineering teams, production, ATLO (Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations), and our Customers to deliver qualified subsystem components on time and on budget.
This position's internal job code is Project Engineer. Our team is currently hiring for level 5.Responsibilities
- Coordinate with technical leads to understand and prioritize technical scope
- Drive team execution (day to day) and execution of upcoming milestones
- Manage technical project scope, planning, proposals, cost estimates, schedules, cost performance, Estimates at Completion (EAC), Risk assessment throughout the program lifecycle.
- Update program LRE (Latest Revised Estimate) planners, schedules, and provide Earned Value Management inputs, including variance analysis and corrective action planning.
- Establish program Baselines.
- Represent control account(s) as a recognized technical authority and performance manager.
- Track and update key subsystem TPMs (Technical Performance Metrics)
- Identify issues and risks early, proactively resolve issues that impede program progress, obtain assistance when needed to allow design staff to concentrate on their work products.
- Track subsystem DRs (Discrepancy Reports) and work with respective engineering teams to close out any open DRs.
- Status key subsystem deliverables to program management, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in technical or business discipline with knowledge of cost, schedule, technical, risk, and earned value management.
- Experience with Jira, MS Excel, Word, Project, and Powerpoint
- Experience leading engineering development teams and personnel
- Experience using tools and metrics in managing activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Project Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronic Design
- Experience with software development and the software lifecycle
- Understanding of execution methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc) and the ability to tailor them based on program needs
- Demonstrate the ability to balance the needs of multiple programs and stakeholders in a resource and schedule constrained environment
- Ability to determine and proactively act on program execution trends
- Knowledge of satellite systems and components
- Experience with Confluence
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- 3 or more years of experience with software execution leadership
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level 5: $150,450 - $221,250
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria